Friday, August 5, 2011

Jekyll Island


My daughter and I took a vacation to Jekyll Island.  It was the first trip we have taken, with just the two of us.  We had an awesome time!  There will definitely be more trips planned in the future.
  

Every morning I got up early to see the sun rise over the ocean.  It was an amazing site.  The sound of the ocean waves hitting the sandy shore was so calming to me.  The birds would swoop down to catch their breakfast while baby birds would hop on the beach searching for theirs and then run away from the incoming waves.  When I took this picture, I never did noticed the dolphin swimming in the ocean.  It was definitely a pleasant surprise to see!


When we stepped out of the back door of our room, this was our view.  The ocean was just a short walk away.  I couldn't tell you how many miles we walked every day but we enjoyed every minute of it!



We found several sand dollars during our morning walks while the tide was low.  This was the first time I have ever found a sand dollar in my life!  We found six that were dried up and kept them.  We would of had eight but, a couple of them broke on accident.  The biggest sand dollars we saw were still alive, just like the one here and we left them on the beach where they belonged.




I have never seen this many Porsche's parked in one place before!  (I have never been to a Porsche dealership.)  I took a picture of the orange one because I totally feel in love with the color of it.  These were all displayed at the Jekyell Island Club Hotel.


Our splurge was to eat dinner at the Latitude 31 restaurant located on a pier.  Dinner was complemented with Lee's choice of a fine bottle of wine!  She knows wine better than anyone else I know.


There were several times when we had the beach to ourselves!  I was so nice to spend alone time with my daughter.  She is so awesome and I am blessed to have her in my life!

No comments: